What is Yin Yoga:
- A very slow & relaxing practice.
- Most of the poses are done on the floor; sitting or lying down.
- Poses are held for 3-5 minutes.
- Focus on various breathing techniques to relax; physically, mentally, energetically.
- Focus on relaxing all the muscles in your body to target deeper tissues; connective tissues, fascia and ligaments. Create space between your bones.
- To enhance the benefits of the practice, we use support like blocks, pillows & blankets as a tool to let go and surrender to gravity.
- Since we are focusing on creating space between the bones, the approach is very gentle & passive.
- We target; hips, shoulders, low back, Chest & neck. We will even stretch your fingers, toes, ankles and wrists.
Teaching experience: 11 years
- No experience required. All-levels
- You will receive a personalized experience even in a group setting.
- Hands on assist with permission of the student.
- Various modifications provided to assist students with limited range of movements.
- Private classes can also be tailored to students with current injuries as we can safely focus on other part of the bodies while keeping you safe.